Please visit http://chinasouthamerica.com/home to access all the content you see here on ChinaSouthAmerica and for future updates.
Bolivia plans to buy six Chinese light military aircraft worth nearly $58 million to fight drug traffickers in the world’s No. 3 cocaine producer, leftist President Evo Morales said on Saturday.
“Last week we issued a supreme decree to … acquire six K-8 aircraft from China,” said Morales in a speech in La Paz to mark the 52nd anniversary of the Bolivian air force.
Morales said his government decided to acquire the K-8, a jet trainer that can be used as a light attack aircraft, after the U.S. government blocked the country from buying similar planes from the Czech Republic.
Click here to read the complete article from Reuters
Posted in and Bolivia, Bolivia, China, Foreign Policy, Latin America, Newswire, Sino-Latin American Relations, South America, South-South Cooperation | Tagged Bolivia, bolivian airforce, china-bolivia, chinese light military aircraft, czech republic, 玻利维亚, 玻利维亚 - 中国, evo morales, k-8 aircraft, la paz, sino-bolivian relations, Sino-Latin American Relations, u.s. government, 中国 | Leave a Comment »
Newswire: Jim Rogers
“I don’t see any adequate-supply situation in any commodity market over the next decade or two,” Rogers, the chairman of Singapore-based Rogers Holdings, said today in an interview in New York. “The commodities boom is not over and the bull market has several years to go.”
“I own some cotton,” Rogers said. “I own some sugar,” he said. “Sugar will go much, much higher over the course of the bull market.”
“Oil could reach between $150 and $200 a barrel,” because known reserves of crude are declining, Rogers said. He said international relations, particularly between the U.S. and Iran, will help guide prices.
“Natural gas is very cheap,” he said in the interview between sessions at an ETF Securities Ltd. investor conference.
Commodities ‘Best Place’
“Commodities are the best place to be, if you ask me, based on supply and demand,” Rogers said. He said he hasn’t invested in equities outside of China in two years.
“Everything has gone through the roof,” Rogers said of equities prices, adding that he may consider buying stocks “if something collapses.”
Click here to read the complete Bloomberg article
Posted in Agricultural, Asia, China, China, Commodities, Commodity, Crude Oil, Energy, Finance / Investments, Jim Rogers, Natural Gas, Singapore, Sugar, United States, Zinc | Tagged agricultural commodities, Commodities, commodities boom, cotton, Jim Rogers, markets, natural gas, oil, rogers, rogers holdings, Sugar, supply | Leave a Comment »
Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa signed a contract today with Chinese company Sinohydro Corportation. The company will be in charge of building the Coca-Codo-Sinclair hydroelectric project along Ecuador’s Amazon river.
The project is valued at $2 billion usd and will become Ecuadors largest hydroelectric facility. Once completed, the hydroelectric facility will be capable of meeting 75% of the country’s total power supply, reports Xinhua.
According to this Xinhua article, the Export-Import Bank of China will cover 85 percent of the project’s total cost, with the remaining 15 percent covered by the Ecuadorian government.
President Correa said that “the launching of this project would be a historical event as it represents one of the biggest foreign investments in Ecuador and will create about 4,000 direct jobs and 15,000 indirect jobs in Ecuador.”
Posted in -- C.S.A. -- Perspectives & Analysis by Benito, and Ecuador, China, China, Commodities, Ecuador, Energy, Finance / Investments, Industry Headlines, Latam, Renewable, Sino-Latin American Relations, South America, South-South Cooperation | Tagged China, coca-codo-sinclair, Ecuador, energy, export-import bank of china, foreign investment, hydroelectric power, hydroelectric project in ecuador, quito, Rafael Correa, renewable energy, sinohydro, sinohydro corporation, 厄瓜多尔, 水力电气的, 中国, 中国-厄瓜多尔 | 1 Comment »